GWT applications can be executed in two different modes :
· Development Mode : This mode is used for development, supporting hot swapping of code and debugging the applications, executed as Java bytecode within Java Virtual Machine.
There are different open-source plugins available for GWT development, which makes development easier with IDEs. The Google plugin for Eclipse can handle most GWT tasks like creating projects, invoke GWT compiler, create GWT launch configuration, validation etc.
Some of the features of GWT are :
· It is open-source
· Reusability of UI components
· Provides simple Remote Procedure Call (RPC) mechanism
· Can easily manage browser history
· Can also handle cross-browser issues
· Supports full-fledged Java debugging
· Internalization and localization support
· It also supports use of Google APIs